Jamia Millia Islamia has started the admission process for Residential Coaching Academy (Centre for Coaching and Career Planning) UPSC IAS, etc for year 2020-21. We will provide you all the details in this article.
Residential Coaching Academy – JMI
Its a free coaching academy for Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Main) for Minorities, SCs, STs and Women by Jamia Millia Islamia. The funding for the Centre is available from the University Grants Commission and Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
The Centre draws upon qualified faculty with professional orientation to meet the requirements of the coaching programmes. Students are selected for coaching on the basis of an entrance test conducted for the purpose, and they are offered classroom teaching, which is supplemented and strengthened by periodic tests and evaluation.
The library of the Centre has a holding of relevant material on a variety of subjects which is replenished regularly to facilitate students access to current and relevant material available in the required areas.
|Online application live on||25th April, 2020 (Friday) (At www.jmicoe.in)|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||25th June 2020 (Sunday)|
|Written Test – GS (objective type) and Essay||-Available Soon-|
|Result of written test||-Available Soon-|
|Interview (Tentative)||-Available Soon-|
|Final Result (Tentative)||-Available Soon-|
|Last date for completion of admission||-Available Soon-|
|Registration for waiting list candidates||-Available Soon-|
|Admission for waiting list candidates||-Available Soon-|
|Classes (Orientation)||-Available Soon-|
All About Entrance Test
- Written test would comprise General Studies (objective type) on UPSC model and Essay writing in English/Hindi/Urdu to test candidate’s ability to express themselves in an organised and structured manner. The total duration of examination would be of three hours.
- There would be negative marking for objective type questions in the test. One third of the marks will be deducted for a wrong answer .
- The entrance test paper would be divided into two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 would consist of objective type questions. There would be 60 questions and the total marks for this section would be 60 (60×1=60). Paper-I will be allotted 1 hour. Paper 2 would consist of Essay writing for which the total allotted marks would be 60. Candidates would be required to write two essays (30×2=60) choosing one from each section-A & B. The total time allotted for both the Papers would be three hours. However the OMR sheet would be collected after one hour i.e. at 11 a.m. Time allotted for writing the essays will be 02 hours. The students may take the question papers with them.
- The total marks for Interview/Personality test would be 30.
- In case of tie, the higher marks in essay and if there is a tie again the higher marks in interview would be taken as basis of selection. If there is still a tie the candidate who is younger (age wise) would get the seat .
- Any candidate who already availed the facilities of RCA, JMI for last three years and never appeared for civil services interview (UPSC) will not be eligible to fill the form and appear in the entrance test.
- Only those candidates who have already completed their Graduation need to apply.
- Coaching will include (a) classes on General Studies, CSAT and selected optional papers (b) Test series, answer’s evaluation and Essay writing practice shall form part of the curriculum.
- The Academy will also conduct Mock Interviews for those who qualify the main examination.
- Library facility is provided (24×7)
- Scholarship to 20% admitted students @ Rs. 3000/- per month will be provided on mean-cum-merit basis.
- Hostel Facility.
Note: Once admitted the aspirant shall be allowed to avail the facilities of RCA till the time that he/she is successful in various stages of Civil Services (UPSC) Exams. Any candidate who has already availed RCA, JMI facility for three years and has never appeared for interview will not be eligible to fill the form and appear in the entrance test.
Also Read: Like JMIEntrance Facebook Page for More Updates.
Open this link to fill the forms: Click here to APPLY
Syllabus and Question Pattern
Paper – 1 — MCQ Based ( 60 Questions )
Current Affairs Same As UPSC Questions
( Carry’s 60 Marks With Negative Marking )
Paper – 2 — Essay ( Written )
You Are Required To Write 2 Essays On Any Given Topic Which Carry’s 30 Marks Each.
Both Paper Will Be Held On A Single Day One After The Other.
Total Time – 3 Hours…
( Initial 1 Hour For Paper 1 & Rest 2 Hours For Essay Writing Paper 2 )
A Merit Will Be Prepared Of Those Candidates Who Qualified This Exam.
After That Final Merit Will Be Prepared Which Ensures One’s Selection.
#Previous Year Papers: Click Here
No. of Seats Available
Total seats available: 208 (Two Hundreds and Eights Seats). Hostel accommodation will be provided to all the admitted students. In case of shortage, hostel seats may be allotted in phased manner strictly on the basis of merit determined by the entrance test. However, RCA reserves the right to reduce the intake if sufficiently meritorious candidates are not found to be available.
10% Seats will be reserved for the students who are below 24 years of age.
Application has to be submitted online only (www.jmicoe.in) with a fee of Rs. 650.00. + applicable bank charges
An additional fee of Rs. 200 will be collected form those students who may wish to get monthly bulletin (even if they fail to qualify) of RCA. This would be optional for the candidates. Hence, such candidates has to pay Rs. 800 plus applicable basic charges.
- Srinagar (J&K)
- Lucknow (UP)
- Guwahati (Assam)
- Bengaluru (Karnataka)
- Malapuram (Kerala)